One of the exciting component in the field of Leatherwork is creatively manipulating the leather material to come out with aesthetically pleasing and purposeful products that can be utilized in playing numerous roles in our ordinary life. This includes enhancing our non-public outlook thru using items for private grooming like belts, briefcases for garage functions and chairs for seating. The steps in producing those purposeful objects were mentioned in this text.
a. Designing and production of a Briefcase
Tools; Lacing needle, knife, metal rule, rivet setter, and part creaser.
Materials: Leather, lining, thread, cardboard, and rivet.
1. Make initial sketches of the briefcase.
2. Select the most appropriate design and put together the templates.
3. Use the templates to cut out the diverse parts of the briefcase.
four. Sew the various components together to shape the briefcase.
5. Finish the briefcase to enhance its outlook.
b. Designing and manufacturing of a Belt
Tools: Steel rule, rectangular factor knife, rivet setter, leather-based punch, area beveller, and brush.
Materials: Leather, rivet, and shoe cream.
1. Use the draw gauge or any appropriate stripping device to strip the entire period of the belt OR measure and reduce out the length of the belt by way of the usage of a square factor knife and a metallic rule.
2. Use the tooling, ornamental method to create some ornamental styles inclusive of zig-zag patterns and so on.
3. A revolving punch is used to punch the buckle tongue holes on the tail stop of the leather after creating equally spaced holes with a marking tool.
four. Create a trimmed part border across the circumference of the belt by the usage of the threshold beveller/creaser. Wet the belt and run the device hard enough alongside the edge of the belt. When it is dried, the trimmed strains can be everlasting on the belt.
five. Cut small straps and connect them on the leather the usage of the rivets.
6. The buckle is now riveted in region with the rivet setter.
7. The leather-based is finished by means of applying a shoe cream and sprucing it lightly with brush. Adding flexibility of the belt is executed by means of operating it backward and forward across a timber staircase rung or any suitable item.
c. Making and manufacturing of a Leather Furniture- Leather suspended chair
Tools: A pair of shears, a jig/band noticed, edge creaser, revolving leather-based punch, a unmarried sit lacing hole nipper, and mallet.
Materials: eight-twine polyester Dacron thread, heavy-obligation rivets, leather-based contact cement, finishes, eight-14 ounce saddle leather/ easy grained leather-based, and round stable brass rods.
1. Make preliminary sketches of the placing or suspended chair.
2. Prepare a template for the base seat in addition to the helping strips.
3. Cut the spherical leather base seat after marking spherical the template.
4. Wrap and at ease it round one of the spherical solid brass rods for use because the base using the heavy obligation rivets.
5. Cut the character strips of leather and work on them, particularly their edges as you will make a belt. The measurement for the strips need to be uniform and straight.
6. Fix them on the 2 round solid brass rods on the pinnacle and bottom with the heavy responsibility rivets. Remember to leave a wide location to quite simply accommodate the butts of the sitter.
7. Suspend the chair on arch-like stable brass rods tied on the centre with a metal twine. The leather suspended chair is prepared to be used.